viernes, 18 de marzo de 2016

Limited by my will

I remember having a discussion in my late teen years about how powerful was God.  Maybe you had the same discussion.  We were wondering of God was so powerful that he could create a rock so big and so heavy that he couldn't lift.  Of course, either way you answer that question you'll admit that God isn't that powerful after all.  As useless as that particular conversation was, years after I admit there is a limit to God's power.

In the book of Revelation, in the message to the church in Laodicea, Jesus assures: "Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends" (Revelations 3:20, NLT).  If you look closely, this text shows two things: 1) God has taken the initiative to invest himself in a unilateral action or series of actions to place himself in a position to get involved in our lives.  2) The limit to his power, his initiative and investment is our "door".  We still have the power to reject God's invitation.  So yes, God's power has a limit, and it is your freedom to choose.

No hay comentarios: